Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Helping Kids in Haiti

Here's a notice by Emily Claire Afan of KidScreen about one way to assist Haitian children. Read the original here.

Searching for ways to contribute to the Haiti relief efforts? Nonprofit Kids In Distressed Situations (K.I.D.S.) is looking for donations to help out the younger set.

The New York-based charity has already secured US$2 million worth of new products with large donations being made by Jockey, Haddad Brands, Gerber Childrenswear, Kahn Lucas, World Team Tennis and LT Apparel, UGG Australia, Vitamin Shoppe; and Toys 'R' Us.

K.I.D.S. is continuing to work with retailers and manufacturers to obtain donations of new products. The public donate cash at www.KIDSdonations.org or by calling 1-800-266-3314, and the organization is looking for new clothes, socks, underwear and blankets to provide immediate relief to earthquake victims, and any type of new product donations will also be welcome for the coming weeks and months.

3 comments:

Koku said...

Is there a list pf agents that represent screenwriters who write for children?

Randy Astle said...

I haven't ever come across a list of strictly kid-oriented agents, but in part that's because I've been slightly ambivalent about getting an agent myself until my career's to a point where I can really get agents interested in talking to me (rather than vice versa; a disinterested agent can be worse than no agent at all). However, that said, to my understanding the best resource for info on agents in general is http://whorepresents.com/. It's a subscription service that I haven't subscribed to yet, but I probably will soon here if I think I'm really going to need an agent in 2010. And it basically goes through every agency, saying who represents who, etc.; just find your favorite kids' TV writers and see who's representing them. I'd love for you to email me directly at randy@randyastle.com with more info about your work and what you're looking for. Good luck!

heather chavez said...

Hi, I really like what you wrote on toot and puddle