Monday, July 13, 2009

WordGirl's Summer Road Trip

There's good news for all WordGirl fans waiting for new episodes: WordGirl is going on summer vacation, and that means new episodes today and tomorrow and fan favorites the rest of the week. See how excited Bob is?


I'm obviously posting too late to be much help for today, but one of tomorrow's episodes seems to be about saving the city's candy supply, which involves an encore appearance by one of the least-seen villains, the Birthday Girl. The second episode is about Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy and his much more successful brother. I'm anxious to see how he combs his hair, if his head is ever on screen, that is. Here is the full story from Animation Magazine, with a schedule for Wednesday and Thursday as well. I've seen all of those episodes and thought they were all pretty great.

If you missed my mentioning it a couple weeks ago, WordGirl has been renewed for a third season. 

Also, if you like Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy as much as I do, you might want to swing by my own website to see the sample script I wrote entitled "Duck! Soup!" (that's a link to a pdf; here's the page of all nine of my sample television scripts). (Oh, and there's no Marx Brothers beyond the title.)

2 comments:

JamesCraven said...

Hey Randy, I'm a WordGirl fan and contribute to the Facebook pages there. We'd love to see you there and hope that Jack Ferralio (The Butcher) OKs the script for everyone!

Randy Astle said...

James,
Thanks for the note. There are a few WG fan groups on facebook. Which one is yours? Do you actually have contact with Jack Ferralio or is it purely for fans?