Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Kids' Magazines Struggling

This should not be exactly startling news, given the state of all print journals and newspapers throughout the country. With advertisements dropping and periodicals closing at record rates, it should be no surprise that kids' journals are not immune. This short Media Daily News article by Erik Sass gives more detail and some specific numbers. Let's just hope that print resurges or online alternatives continue improving; though I love digital, the Luddite in me wants Loretta, for instance, to know what it's like receiving a regular magazine the way I did Boys' Life or The Weekly Reader when I was young.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are blogging about kid's magazines! My name is Jenna and I work for Cricket Magazine Group. Would you be interested in reading some of our kid's magazines and reviewing them on your blog with a link to our website? www.cricketmag.com I would love to send you some free copies to do so. Let me know!

Jenna
jbartolomei@caruspub.com