Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sesame Street Needs You




I don't know much about Sesame Workshop's The Electric Company, but it's a multimedia initiative to improve children's literacy in the United States and it's evidently in need of a little help. American Express has pledged up to $1.5 million dollars in funding if they can detect sufficient support from the general public. So Sesame Workshop has released a petition of sorts through which you can indicate your interest to American Express or pass the information along to others. I can't vouch for the effectiveness of the program, but Sesame obviously has a good track record with early childhood education (understatement), and I for one am in favor of literacy. 

By the way, regular readers (?!) will notice I'm posting more this week. I'm going to try to keep it up, providing a mix of quick news items as I come across them, like this, interpolated with some of the longer reviews and analyses that I was hoping to do when I started out last month. I hope the mix, along with my penchant to swing back and forth between information for parents and for professionals, is of interest.

No comments: